Uninstall Kodi 19
- Uninstall Kodi 19 in Android
- Install 1AMC 18.9 or WBMC 18.9 forks
- Turning off auto update on Android
UNINSTALL KODI 19 ON ANDROID
On normal Android system like the ones we have on Chinese TV-Box, certified Android TV devices, on a mobile or tablet we can uninstall KODI 19 and reinstall KODI 18.9 in a very easy way. In addition, we can also block KODI 18.9 from updating itself easily.
- Go to Settings > Applications > KODI 19
- Click on KODI and select Uninstall.
INSTALL 1AMC 18.9 FORK & KODI 18.9 ON ANDROID
- Install the 1AMC 18.9 fork
- Install the WBMC 18.9 fork
Download KODI and save the APK on your Android TV-Box or on a USB stick.
- Download apk for Kodi v18.9 for Android 32 bit ARM V7A compatible on all TV-Box.
- Download apk for Kodi v18.9 for Android 64 bit ARM V8A only SoC’s from NVidia, Realtek and some Rockchip.
- NOTE DOWNLOAD: there are browsers that block EXE and APK download, use right click “Save link as”, then in the download tab below click on the little arrow above next to “Discard” and select SAVE.
- Using any file explorer on Android we run the KODI 18.9 APK, enable “Unknown Origins” if we didn’t have it enabled previously and install by running the APK again if necessary.
TURNING OFF AUTO UPDATE ON ANDROID
- On Android mobile go to Google Play > Settings Menu (three little lines in the upper left corner)
- On Android TV go to Google Play > User Icon (top left corner) > Settings
- Under “Automatically update apps” we check “Do not update apps automatically“.
- To update the apps we will have to do it manually in Google Play > Settings > My apps
- This method will not update KODI only from 18.9 to 19.